Can I Sue My Spouse’s Affair Partner for Alienation of Affections?

 A spouse that has been cheated upon has a great deal of justified anger against their spouse; but she/he also has anger at the affair partner that interfered with the marriage.  Alienation of Affections is a civil action by a husband or wife against a third party for that party’s actions interfering with the marriage partner’s relationship that deprived the injured husband or wife of the love and affection that previously existed between husband and wife. The party bringing the suit does not have to show evidence of adultery.  There are several states that do recognize such a claim in court, including Mississippi and North Carolina, but Georgia does not recognize such a claim.