George Ference is “Of Counsel” with Bogart & Bogart, P.C., and offers thirty years of experience and skill as well as being reliable, smart, reasonable and trustworthy, to help with your important issues.
- Emory University School Of Law, J.D.
- Emory College, 1975. B.A. with Honors in American History.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court and Court of Appeals of Georgia
- All State of Georgia Courts including Superior Courts, State Courts, Family Courts, and Probate Courts
- United States District Court
- United States Court of Appeals
- State administrative boards such as the Police Officers and Standards Training Council (POST) and Composite State Medical Board for medical professionals
Experience and Activities
- Private practice of Law for over 20 years
- Assistant City Attorney for five years representing police, fire and corrections departments
- Served as Arbitrator and Special Master for Superior Courts
- Professor for Masters in Litigation program, Atlanta Law School, Winter Spring, 1994
- Arbitrator and Case Evaluator for Dekalb County Alternate Dispute Resolution Program
- Rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell (International Law Directory), the highest rating indicates preeminent legal ability and very high ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from attorney of the Bar
- Prosecutor of criminal defendants with Atlanta Municipal Court
Community Service And Professional Activities
- Serves by appointment of Superior Court as a Guardian ad Litem for children in contested custody disputes. He is appointed by the Court to represent the best interests of children in contested custody matters. He investigates the issues in such cases by meeting with the parties, meeting with the children, interviewing witnesses (lay and expert), as well as reviewing all relevant documentation (e.g., school records, medical records, photographs, court filings, police reports, etc.). At the end of his investigation, he makes a report to the Court concerning his conclusions and recommendations.
- Speaker at meetings and conferences of Georgia Certified Public Accountants, American Society of Women Accountants, and Georgia Home Economists in Business on Employment Law Issues.
- Volunteer for 1000 Lawyers for Justice to represent the indigent in Fulton County.
- Volunteer for domestic relations representation for Dekalb County, Cobb County, and Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation.
- Talk Show Guest, WTLK and WCGC, “Current Employment Issues”.
- Graduate, First Class, National Academy for Police Legal Advisors, U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Quantico, VA.
- Member of State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section and Small Firm Section, and Dekalb Bar Association and Family Law Section.
- CourtTV; televised murder trial of State v. Meehan, October, 2000.